Thursday, December 18, 2014

the Pessimist...

The Pessimist...we all know one or two, but many of us can also be the pessimist and not even realize it.  The pessimist is always negative.  This is crippling to an organization, especially when the leader is the lead pessimist.  Since we cannot change others easily, we must focus on ourselves.

There are times in the day when we can become the Pessimist.  The idea is to know it and avoid it like the plague.  I know I can become the pessimist when I am cranky, hungry, too warm, thirsty, and definitely when I am too tired.  I become a grouch and nothing that I see is ever in a positive light.  Now while this only occurs for brief moments in the day, I have the power to prevent it.

I came across this article on the 11 Tips to be more positive:  11 Tips to Help You Think More Positively
They include:  Believe in yourself, set clear goals, form a mental picture of your success, take ownership and responsibility for your life, talk to yourself, eliminate the negative, associate with positive people, count your blessings, find the silver lining, relax and enjoy life more, and if all else fails, then fake it.

These simple tips can go a long way to remove much of the negativity associated with your life.  As a leader, it is essential to be positive about what you can accomplish, even though it may seem the world is against your actions.  Stay positive, set your goals each and every day, and aim for success.  Keep the pessimist inside you hidden away.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm glad I do my work in Purchase...where the sun is always shining!

    ReplyDelete